Sunday, February 6, 2011

February



This weekend we stayed in Bear Lake with some friends. It was so nice to get away from the city and everything. That was our first vacation as a little family. We took Julian to play on the ice with us. We bundled him up and everything was great until he woke up after 10 minutes. He had this look of terror on his face from the cold wind and stated crying. After I saw that look I grabbed him and tried to get him back up to the house as quickley as possible! I felt like such a horrible mom and just held him and rocked him forever so that he could forget about the whole thing and be warm... It was really nice to be up there with everyone and to not have anything else going on but hanging out. All this helped me figure out my second resolution of the year and goal for February: SIMPLIFY. So that I can enjoy the things that matter, like watching Julian grow up. There is a lot going on for us right now but I just want to prioritize and forget about the stuff that doesn't matter. I also need to work on limits in general and just doing what I can instead of what I think I should.







One last tid-bit is that I finally made my very own fancy pocket cloth diaper. It has worked great so far and the outside is made out of minkey and is SO soft!



1 comment:

  1. Im so glad you figured out how to get to our blog. I love keeping up with you guys on yours. Im glad you got to get away. That is so fun that it is all ice like that but it does look sooo cold. Jak is getting so big (liTtErAlLy) I cant wait to see him tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete