Sunday, June 23, 2013

Look out Martha Stewart:)

Summer is in full swing and we have been having so much fun!  We accomplished a lot the last few weeks and that is something that makes me so happy:) First off we celebrated Father's Day with Aaron by having a fun picnic with our little fam filled with delicious Aaron food faves.  Then we went to the tool store and other manly places.  We also celebrated with breakfast in bed on Sunday and a pie and hung out with Aaron's parents and brother.  All I can say is thanks to the greatest father ever, my husband!  So after that we got crafty in preparation for the Fourth of July.  We spent like 6 bucks total and did all these beauties:
 They were pretty fast and easy and I thought they would be fun to do with Julian.  I was so happy with how the wreath turned out because we made that one up realizing a similar style wasn't going to work out. So it is so simple but I was like look out Martha, I made that up all on my own.  That was a first for me:)  Julian was so cute painting them, he quickly realized that he could paint three popsicle sticks at a time instead of one. And then he realized he could paint everything but the popsicles sticks, which is basically how it went with the flag thing except for he covered himself in red paint. Then he looked up with huge eyes and said "uh oh, ouchie." So I had to explain to him that it wasn't blood and he was okay.  Anyway he had a big pink bath afterwards.  Btw here is where I found the tutorial for the blocks and lollipops

 After we finished the holiday crafts we started working on our picnic table.  We found an umbrella for one and it made me excited to make a patio table to go with it.  We have tons of old 2x4s around the house that we have torn out so I took the screws and nails out cut and started screwing them together.  When Aaron came home he helped me finish it up. This is how it looked all put together.

 Then we stained and waterproofed it.

 I was hoping for a free table but it ended up being $25 so not too bad, and honestly, I love it!  The stain is so pretty and it is so functional.  And I love that we just made it up and built it.  It is strangely satisfying and now I want to make a smaller sofa table for our house. 
The other major accomplishment/MIRACLE is that we finally got rid of the shed that was next to our house.  The spot where it use to be is so big and empty now.  Yay!  Thanks to Aaron's dad for selling it for us, towing it away, and just being all around wonderful.


Besides all the creating we have had a lot of fun playing with the kiddies.  Julian challenges me often but I am so amazed by how cool he is.  Potty training is going pretty good.  And Julian is talking more all the time.  Even putting two and three words together. Yay!  He loves to play with the neighbors and with things that go.  He loves to watch people playing with trucks on youtube and he loves his potty treats.  He loves his sister.  He also loves to escape and run away.  I am trying to be a good mom to him and take more time to enjoy all that energy and curiosity that he is jam packed with.  I think we are moving in the right direction...

And then there is little Gretchy.  She rocks!  She is sweet and so cute.  I know I always say that but it is just so true.  I love spending time with her.  She has a lot of fun with Julian too.  Today at church Julian was looking up at her and she spit up a big chunky spit up right on his forehead.  Julian looked like an Eagle had pooped on his head.  But then he got it cleaned up and he got back to playing. Oh I just feel so blessed to be here now, with Aaron, with my children. Good times:)

4 comments:

  1. Look at you, you crafty mama, you! I love your table and your decorations and your cute fam. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are always so kind. Thanks! Miss you!!!

      Delete
  2. I love that table! and your kids are just growing up so much and so beautiful and cute!!! You would be the best neighbor. I can wish. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Someday we our kids are going to have to meet:)

      Delete